LPKF MicroLine Series
Ideal solution for processing bare rigid and flexible PCBs or depaneling populated PCBs
When time to market is the driving force, fast alternatives to pilot production runs can be the key to success.
LPKF UV laser systems provide the flexibility, reliability and high precision that customers demand. By reducing product changeover time, increasing accuracy and eliminating tooling costs these systems simply produce a better product at a lower cost.
Advantages of Laser Technology
Compared to conventional tools, laser processing offers a compelling series of advantages.
- The laser process is completely software-controlled. Varying materials or cutting contours are easily taken into account by adapting the processing parameters and laser paths. There is also no need to factor in retooling times during a change of production.
- No appreciable mechanical or thermal stresses occur. The ablation products are extracted by suction directly at the cutting channel. Even sensitive substrates can thus be precisely processed.
- The laser beam merely requires a few µm as a cutting channel. More components can thus be placed on a panel.
- The system software differentiates between production and set up processes which drastically reduces instances of faulty operation.
All LPKF UV laser systems work directly from CAD data, and require no specific tooling. In many cases, the savings in tooling costs can cover the cost of a laser system in less than 10 months - depending on the tools needed per year. With easy handling and short changeover times our UV laser systems offer economical solutions to compete in today's on-demand world.
Typical UV Laser Applications
- Depaneling flex and rigid PCBs
- Cover layer cutting
- Cutting fired and unfired ceramics
- Microvia drilling
- Skiving (cover layer removal)
- Pocket creation
- Metal ablation (for circuit board creation)